The Red Rag: Independent conservative political commentary in pictures and a few words from Ollie Cromwell. Please feel free to use any of my original images.
Red Rag on Sunday, 12 June 2011
Red Rag on Friday, 31 December 2010
- Lib Dems will narrowly win the Oldham East and Saddleworth by-election with a Tory swing in their favour.
- All 3 main party leaders (Cameron, Clegg and Miliband_E) will still be in post by the end of the year.
- The AV referendum will be comprehensively defeated.
- Sarah Palin will do something that will effectively end her chances of being a serious candidate for the 2012 US presidential election.
- A number of Lib Dem MPs will resign the party whip (see 3 above) to either sit as independents or join other parties.
- England will win the Rugby World Cup.
- I predict that Mark Thompson is wrong for the third year running and Eddie Mair will not become the new host of BBC Question Time.
- Liam Fox will no longer be a cabinet minister by the end of the year.
- Including Old and Sad and Belfast West there will be 6 by-elections during the year.
- A petition signed by more than 100,000 people will trigger a debate in parliament about leaving the EU.
Red Rag on Thursday, 30 December 2010
Jan Old Labour Old Danger
Feb More Labour Lies Exposed - Unemployment
Mar Jobless figures fiddled to hide massive 10% rise in long term unemployed
Apr A future fair for all - animated manifesto film - Edited for accuracy
May Widget: Gordon Brown's political soul leaves his body
Jun Harman proposes genetic selection
I took July and August off for an extended vacation. Well if the poiliticians can do it!
Sep Time to Unite the Labour Party
Oct Ed Miliband's 'Victor Meldrew' generation
Nov Picture of Galyna Kolotnytska
Dec The first day of winter
I hope you had a great Christmas and wish you a happy New Year
Red Rag on Thursday, 23 December 2010
David Cameron kicks Gordon Brown out of number 10. Could you ask for a better Christmas present?
Red Rag on Tuesday, 21 December 2010
Today is officially the first day of winter. I'm not sure what that makes the last few weeks!
I tend not to comment much on what used to be called 'Global Warming' before we had ten consecutive years without any, but I have to say that the 'warmists' are looking quite silly. Last year was the coldest winter in Britain for 30 years. Warmists put it down to being that 'once every decade cold one'. With this winter being set to be much colder, will that become the 'twice every decade cold ones'?
Are we entering a new ice age? Should the government act immediately by chopping down trees, turning all the coal fired power stations up to maximum, or even creating carbon plants to pump the gas directly into the atmosphere? No of course not, that would be stupid wouldn't it? As stupid as the wasting of the billions currently planned by the warmists of Cancun.
It is time for this government to call a halt to the waste and put these plans on ice (so to speak). Send the jury back out, the science is not settled. It is based more on faith than substance. The warmists are starting to look like cranks trying to change the world with a new religion. Frighteningly governments around the world are supporting them with billions. We are trying to prevent warming in Africa with money that could fight aids, malaria, famine etc. it is global madness.